Stress, headaches, lower back pain, or neck pain? Do you ever feel the stress of health problems that hurt your business?
Is your business life NOT so amazing as it could be due to health issues? Take these top 11 health tips for business owners.
I’m an entrepreneur and business owner. That’s why I feel I have the experience to share these health tips.
When you look at your business from a holistic perspective it’s a lot easier to gauge your success. This is why I’ve put together this list of holistic health tips to ease some of your business pains. No longer is it just about the money, time and energy. YOU are your business. You’re a huge decisive factor in the health of your business. If you really want a healthy you, you’ll need to change the way you see and do things. I’m sharing with you these holistic health tips I use within my own businesses.
So what exactly does a healthy, thriving business look like? Some things come to mind like low stress, inspired, motivated, productive. The more of these types of feelings and thoughts the healthier your business will be.
11 Shockingly Easy Health Tips to Boost the Health of Your Business
- Go on an information fast Every day we’re bombarded with so much information. It’s impossible to process it all. But it sticks with us in our subconscious. We spend a lot of energy thinking and processing all the information that enters our brains in each moment. Do yourself a favor and simplify. Take a break from social media. Take a break from religiously reading the paper and watching the news. Turn off the TV. Put down the books. Just. Chill. Focus on YOU, focus on YOUR vision for the future. It’s important to keep up with the times but it won’t hurt to take a break for a few days when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Stop comparing Oh that guy who started his business 10 years before me is just so amazing, why do I even bother? Does this type of dialogue sound familiar? If so, it’s time to wake up and realize your gifts are unique. There’s always going to be someone better than you, deal with it. If anything, look up and be inspired because at one point every successful person had to start from scratch. If they can make it, so can you.
3. Find your flow The state that creativity and productivity thrive within is FLOW. Getting to this point means dealing in the components of your routine that bring you there. For me, it’s getting up early, eating well and exercising as well as eliminating distractions. That’s what gets me there. Some people find their more creative at night. We’re all different, but try and pin point a time where you got a TON accomplished in very little time. Compare that to those times when you can’t seem to get anything done at all. Grow the environment that stimulates that first scenario of extreme productivity.
4. Change your perspective from business to service Yes you run a business. But you’re also doing a great service and that should be your mentality. Take it away from money based thinking to service based thinking. Ask yourself the question, how can I be of greater service?
5. Celebrate the little successes It’s rare in our society to celebrate anything beyond the big milestones. Celebrating feels nice though, it makes us feel like we’ve accomplished something. It helps to encourage that feeling of abundance. The little things add up and often make more of a difference than the big things. Make space to celebrate them. Even if it’s just a bottle of wine to share with friends or your partner over a nice dinner. Cultivate abundance.
6. Focus your multitasking I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Unfocused multi-tasking can be wasteful. Our minds don’t optimally work well in multi tasking mode. Our minds like to see tasks get accomplished. It motivates us to accomplish MORE. Close all tabs, email, social media, TVs and put down the sandwich. Focus is your friend.
7. Find ways to reignite your passion On days where you feel zapped of excitement for your business, have a wellness strategy in place. We all have rough days. What is it that will bring you back? Maybe a favourite inspirational film or story, or a walk in nature to re align with what’s important to you.
8. Stress=decompress Stress happens, its inevitable. For the sake of your own health and well being, don’t let it get chronic. When you’re stressed, find the equivalent energy to decompress. For more tips on reducing stress go here
9. Get and stay organized- Repeat Is your desk a mess of papers and random junk that’s just collecting dust? Get rid of it. Figure out a system so that clutter doesn’t build. Have you ever watched that show hoarders? Watch it, and clean while you do. Repeat the process until it’s a habit.
10. Embrace routine Routine gets a bad rep. Think of it this way, if you have children or you remember in childhood, routine is the fundamental component to feeling healthy and stable. Kids thrive in an environment with a strong sense of routine and few unknown factors. Adults are the same. Tuck yourself in at night, read yourself a bed time story. Do things you love, every single day
11. You’re in control of your own success It’s easy to blame the world. Woe is me is an attitude far more common among people who are constantly letting others shape their experience. Successful people know that they hold the key to their own happiness. Nobody else is shaping your reality, so if things look glum, change your thoughts. Be kind to yourself and practice positive self coaching. People hire me as a life and business coach and what do I do? I build them up, I inspire them to meet their potential. You can be your own life coach. Build yourself up with the words you speak when no one else is listening but you. If today is a bad day, tell yourself tomorrow will be better.
“Doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full. All that matters is that you are the one pouring the water.”-Mark Cuban
BONUS! An awesome infographic packed with even more tips to boost the health of your business.
What do you do to cultivate a healthy business? Let us know in the comments below! And be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get more life and livelihood tips like these.